Monday, October 29, 2012

Gonna Fuck Some Birds



Falkner, the Violet City Gym leader, is a Flying-type trainer.  I forget what he uses, but I intend on being ready, so let the delicious grinding begin.


We're already up to Kakuna, and I think it only started in Generation-II that Pokemon can learn moves right after evolving, so I guess if you catch a Weedle or a Caterpie in Generation-I, they won't learn Harden when you evolve them.  That's fucking weird.

So, I'm running around what I believe is Routes 30 and 31 (because I forgot where to get the fucking Town Map), and I find that there's this dark-ass cave up in the top right corner...called Dark Cave, so I'm thinking, "Fuck Zubat, but ooooooh, possible Geodude!"


Nailed it! This team is actually beginning to look very familiar.

Hold on.  Real talk for just a second.

I caught a female Geodude.  Just let that sink in.


So I stop leveling Kakuna and I start leveling Geodude, but lo and behold, what the fuck do I find out on Rt. 31?


THIS goofy sack of shit! I love starting off a game with as many different types as possible and trying to make sure they all know at least one of their type's attacks.  This chick only knows Vine Whip, so that's cool--

Okay, real talk one more time.

Every fucking Pokemon I've caught so far is female, save for Totodile.  Not sure what's up with that, but hey, Totodile be pimpin'.

So I take this Bellsprout back into the Dark Cave (because it can seriously fuck up my Geodude, even at level 3) and I find the first wild Pokemon from Generation-II that I actually wanted to catch.


To my dismay, it turns out that Dunsparce is a Normal-type Pokemon and not a Ground-type, as I had previously believed, and wasn't going to do SHIT against Falkner.  However, I remembered the Normal immunity to Ghost-type attacks, so I may need him for Sprout Tower at night.  Besides, he can learn a lot of TM moves that could make him an unexpected monster.

Because I want a Ghastly because I want a Haunter.

You remember that Top 10 list from the last blog? I'm not sure how it applies here in Generation-II, but I'll try to come up with my favorite 10 Pokemon from Generation-II as well.

Totodile, lvl 12
Pidgey, lvl 11
Geodude, lvl 11
Bellsprout, lvl 8
Kakuna, lvl 7
Dunsparce, lvl 4

Pokedex: 7, Badges: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment