Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top 6: Part 2

Okay, this is more of a fan-service than anything else, but I posted my Top 6 Favorite Generation-I Pokemon in "Return to Red" and I wanted to do the same for each generation as I reach them.  For those who forgot, this is my Gen-I Top 6:


#6 - Gyarados
#5 - Kadabra
#4 - Scyther
#3 - Growlithe
#2 - Haunter
#1 - Charizard

Now, I have finally figured out which ones I love the most in Generation-II and why.

#6 - Steelix


Onix was already a fucking badass, but the game designers thought, "You know...we need to make him fucking indestructible and made of metal."  Awesome, dudes.

#5 - Houndoom


It's like Growlithe's evil twin! He's a devil-dog, and that reminds me of snacks.  And that's always a plus.  Also, he'll learn the best Fire-type moves Growlithe learns AND some kick-ass Dark-type moves.  

#4 - Marill


I don't know if it was the whole Pikablu rumors or the first Pokemon movie, but this guy just brings up the nostalgia hard.  Also, he's adorable.

#3 - Donphan


This one is DEFINITELY due to the first Pokemon movie.  Do y'all remember the opening credits to that movie? The trainer whips out a Donphan and it starts using Rollout and everyone in the theater was like, "OH SNAP! THE FUCK IS THAT MOTHERFUCKER?!?"  Just awesome everywhere you look.

#2 - Heracross


Heracross is a goddamn beast.  He doesn't evolve.  Why? He doesn't fucking NEED to! He will kick the shit out of everything you love.  Apparently, you can only find him by using Headbutt on trees.  Apparently, I'm gonna be buying Headbutt and knocking into trees forever...because I would like to go challenge Jasmine with a Heracross.

#1 - Elekid


I don't really know why, but I love this guy.  He's fierce, he's quick, and he has one of the best evolution lines in the game.  I may have loved the first-gen Fire-types, but second-gen goes to the Electric-types.  They are just all slam-dunks, and this guy should be their mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment